We put all this hard work in at the gym every week and wonder why we’re not getting the results we need. The answer is simple, what you put into your body matters. Losing weight is 20 percent exercise and 80 percent diet. Here are some superfoods to incorporate into your diet to aid in weight loss, the natural way.
1. Black Beans : Black beans are packed with 15 grams of protein as well as fiber, potassium and folate. The fiber in black beans helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and prevents against heart disease
2. Avocado : avacados are made of healthy fats known as Omega 3's. Oleic acid is a compound in Omega 3's that actually may trigger your body to “quiet hunger”
3. Oats : Oats are high in fiber which can help you stay fuller longer. Also fiber is great for the digestive system. The more you "go", the less weight you will carry.
4. Blueberries : best known for their anti-aging qualities and ability to ward off heart disease. 1 cup has 80 calories with 4 grams of fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content.
5. Brown Rice : Brown rice is a healthier option as opposed to white rice, it's heartier and higher in fiber. Brown rice has also been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels, which helps prevent atherosclerosis.
6. Almonds : almonds are rich in healthy fats (Omega 3's) and are the perfect low calorie snack
7. Green Tea : the antioxidants in green tea help burn fat and calories especially in the abdominal region. It also aids in brain function, and is proven to reduce the risk of various types of cancers. Green tea may also lower your risk of Type II Diabetes.
Resources: Megan Ware, Registered Dietician, MNT
Kris Gunnars. Authority Nutrition.com (Article)